journeying with people

When she was suffering i suppose i wanted to rescue her
When she was confused i wanted to manage her confusion
When she freaked out i wanted to make her calm
But now that she is.... i dislike it cause it just doesn't seem like her

It is hard to journey with people without wanting to rescue. I don't know if this sounds silly or ignorant, but it feels true. I find myself still in a place where i see people's hurt or pain...or even hear of someones suffering and i want to do the patch work...isn't that what we have been taught by the church all these years?

She hurts fix her
she pregnant send her away
she is abused sent her back to her abusier

i saw it all the time when i was a kid and my mom was battered and abused by my dad. They sent her back in said "divorce" is not Biblical...."And abuse is?"

I have just recently realized that what i think i have figured out about suffering people and loving them is fuckin difficult. I can barely do it in my thoughts, let alone my actions. We moved to hamilton to find this a place where we could meet the broken and well just simply live with, and learn with them. Wow it takes time. But i realized today that i still have the mantality, to do what the oppressers did to my mother...they were unsympathetic, and well just cruel. I hope God you teach me, however that may be through people like dan, jord, my mom...and the list goes on.

No comments: