One hundred and Fity-Two pounds

Today i was suprisingly frustrated by a movie. Its called Briget jones Diary. there are two of them, i am talking about the first. Funny plot...i guess...cute ending? I suppose....Disturbing message FOR SURE!

She writes in a journal most of her inner thoughts. Similar to this. But what disturbed me is that the movie protrayes her as overweight??? I was confused cause she looked dam good to me. then in one of her entries you see her jotting down her weight. 136pds. Wow to me that is what i weighed when i was almost sick and never really eating much. Then at another point she says "Christmas December 25th, i weigh a hundred and forty pounds." she said this in a despairing voice... I felt quiet fat...quiet ugly actually when this moive needed to protray her as fat when she merely weighed in at 140.

Through out the whole movie they do close ups on her butt and on her boobs and well they aren't the kind of close ups that are the sexy look at her butt shots...they are the ones that are saying "look at her bulge".

The media really does tell women what they are suppose to be even in a innocent love story such as this. I even heard a comment by a guy saying "she had to gain weight to do this role!" that was after i asked if she was cute...the only response i got was that she obviously was over-weight and unattractive....

well i guess i will continue to say...even in the midst of hope for people who are thinking a new way, i have to hope there will be someone out there who sees beauty different than size. I feel entirely confused by the media, if she is repulisive in this movie? then what the hell am I, or the girl who is much larger than me?

IF this could just simply be a letter to men i would say..watch what you say and be careful how media effects your understanding of women...cause at the end of the day...it is not the media who has it right.

No comments: