Will she die soon?

Melissa is her name and she is 18years old. Cancer has its Grip on her and she can't even open her eyes to focus. i met her when i worked in the hospital transporting the living and the dead. The hell of moving sick people around finally got to me...it was when i moved two dead people that i couldn't take it anymore. The morgue was cold and there were bodies lined up inside, it was full. There is only room for about five people in there. So my guy he needed to stay on his floor for almost 36 hours wrapped up in a bag. I finally took him down and the vomit and fear was just lerking for me at the back of my throat was awful. The biggest fear that i had in life was seeing a dead person? I have no idea why. Facing your fear is not always that best thing...it haunts you and it will scare the shit right out of you. For weeks i would have dreams of this man. He was light when we moved him because he had died of lucumia...Really all that was left of him was his skin and bones. I didn't know him and i had never met him before. He was 32 years old though had a wife and a new baby she was One. It was Christmas of last year...all of his things in the room were packed neatly into a plastic see through bag...i cleaned the room after he left and all that was left of him in there was his head print, left in the the bed.

I transported young Melissa nearing the beginning of my career at the Hospital, she was beautiful and very sweet. Her mother has red hair and is very large women who laughs and makes you smile when you see her. Melissa she looks like she is malato. She had no hair but she is really a stunning girl. I really enjoyed moving her, she was full of life and all she was doing was getting a x-ray. We chatted about my sister cause she is her nurse. They love her and they automatically loved me because i was related to her.

Now i have visited Melissa twice since, the first time she gave me some Christmas candy and a beautiful candle. This year only one year later, she is closing in on her dealth bed. i have wanted to go see her since the last time i saw her. But on my second visit she was quiet and she shared how she was totally violated by her doctor. I left the room knowing i wouldn't see her again and really wondering how you can be so de-humanized by doctors. He was checking her back...she rolled over and then all of the sudden her pants her down and she was shocked, he then checked her rectal cativity, then she turned over and her reached towards her face with the same gloves her had checked her bum with...she explains this to me and my sister on my last visit. You shake your head and you node and as she tells the story, but afterwords you just can do nothing else but cry. She told the doctor gently that she needed him to check her mouth another time.

My sister said that nursing is hard she lost one of her kids yesterday. As all the nurses mourn some jackass comes up to her and says "Can i look at the body" and steph says "just because you are fasinated with dealth does not mean you can turn this person into some experiment with your feelings". She mocked steph compeletely.

Now that day is nearing for melissa to go home. Her family is not much of one now, which is sad, when all of this is over her drunk dad is going to be left alone. The wife çan't take it anymore, she will leave him after Melissa dies. God please be with them allow her to rest, go peacefully and if i could see her again someday i will dance forever with you....for this is my prayer...i will dance with her someday?

No comments: